2017 - Projections for Conference Championships (Wk14)

Bowl Championships are on us this week.  There's obviously huge playoff implications riding on a few of these games.  I have not taken neutral sites into account on any of these games, so homefield/awayfield advantages are baked into these numbers.  So adjust accordingly.

- The numbers give the SEC championship to Auburn, but my intuition gives it to Georgia (go Dawgs).  The winner for sure makes the playoff.  Is that at a neutral site? 
- The numbers give the PAC12 championship to USC. That one is at a neutral site, but I probably still give it to USC.
- UCF is playing Memphis for the AAC. Even if they win I doubt they get a playoff berth.  I suspect they'd play someone like the SEC runner-up in a New Years 6 bowl though.
- The Big10 comes down to Ohio St vs Wisconsin. The numbers give it to Wisconsin and I probably do too. If they win they gotta be in the playoff.  If Ohio St wins, the BIG10 may get left out of the playoff.
- Finally, the other big one is Miami vs Clemson for the ACC. I have Clemson #1 overall right now and I gotta think they'll show up for that one.  Either way, the winner should make the playoff.

- I didn't get a chance last week to compare my spreads against the Vegas ones so I can't really give an ATS record for last week, but I do want to point out that I was correct about Auburn winning. In fact, I was correct all of my 'interesting' games last week except for Miami losing and technically Stanford winning (but I had that at basically a tie anyway).


AwayHomeSpread Proj.Range
Stanford USC -5.3 1.1
Memphis UCF -6.2 0.0
UMASSFIU -16.6 8.7
Akron Toledo -18.7 1.9
North Texas FAU -10.7 0.9
La. Monroe Florida St. -17.3 0.3
TCU Oklahoma -5.9 0.3
Ga. Southern C. Carolina -0.0 0.4
Idaho Georgia State -14.8 1.8
UL Lafayette App. St. -20.4 2.3
Georgia Auburn -3.4 0.3
S. Alabama New Mex St. -8.5 0.8
Troy Arkansas St.3.6 0.6
Fresno State Boise State -4.3 0.6
Ohio State Wisconsin -6.9 1.5
Miami (FL) Clemson -6.1 1.0


Largest Spread of the Week
UL Lafayette App. St. -20.4 2.3


Tightest Spread of the Week
Ga. Southern C. Carolina -0.0 0.4


Highest Regression Uncertainty of the Week
UMASSFIU -16.6 8.7


Least Regression Uncertainty of the Week
Memphis UCF -6.2 0.0


Comments